Therapy for Grief, Loss and Bereavement
- Have you experienced the loss of loved one?
- Have you gone through a painful break-up or divorce?
- Have you experienced a change in your functioning because of an illness or accident?
- Have you experienced a miscarriage or abortion?
We all experience loss at some point during our lives, whether it is through the death of a loved one, the loss of a relationship, or a loss of functioning due to aging, injury, or illness. Such experiences can be accompanied by a wide range of reactions, including shock, sadness, anger, emotional numbing, guilt, and regret. Having someone with whom you can discuss your loss can help you express your emotions and get through the grief process so that you can resume a more satisfying life.
What is grief therapy?
Grief therapy can help you heal as you come to explore your loss in a safe, comfortable environment. This process can help you come to terms with your loss and eventually develop a new sense of self. Therapy may focus on helping you process your emotions about the loss you have experienced. It may also assist you to develop coping strategies to manage your grief and eventually accept your loss.
Benefits of grief therapy
- Understanding the process of grief and loss
- Being able to work through and process your loss and your painful emotions
- Getting support about your loss, allowing you to feel less alone in your experience
- Getting assistance with additional emotional issues, like anxiety and depression, that may have arisen due to your loss
- Helping you heal and develop a new sense of self
Grief/Loss/Bereavement Issues that I treat include:
- Death of a Loved One
- Loss of Relationship
- Loss of Functioning