Therapy for Self-Esteem and Confidence Issues
- Do you often feel down on yourself?
- Do you struggle to have confidence in yourself?
- Do you have feelings of worthlessness?
- Do you struggle to assert yourself or express how you feel to others?
- Are you shy?
- Do you feel like you are a failure?
Low self-esteem and confidence can negatively impact us in many ways. From impaired relationships to low motivation at work or school, low self-esteem serves to diminish your quality of life. Other associated features of low self-esteem, like self-doubt, self-criticism, anger, and shame, can heighten feelings of depression and anxiety, holding you back from having the social, professional, and personal life you desire.
What is therapy for self-esteem/confidence issues like?
Therapy for low self-esteem may involve gaining a better understanding of why you feel the way you do about yourself and what factors serve to maintain your lack of confidence. Therapy may also assist you in finding cognitive, emotional, and behavioral strategies to improve your self-esteem and generally feel better about yourself.
Benefits of therapy for self-esteem/confidence issues
- Understand the causes and contributors to your low self-esteem/confidence
- Increase awareness about thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that reduce your self-esteem/confidence
- Gain effective, healthy ways to feel better about yourself
- Improve your social relationships
- Improve your self-image and increase your confidence